WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP STOP THE SPREAD OF THE FLU AND OTHER GERMS?
It is that time of the year when the flu begins to surface as well as many other illnesses.
How does the flu spread?
There are two ways that the flu is spread. It is usually spread from person to person through coughing and sneezing. Occasionally, people can get the flu from touching a germ-infested surface.
What are the symptoms of the Flu?
1. High Fever
2. Severe headache
3. Muscle and body aches
5. Dry cough
6. Children also have additional symptoms such as nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
Steps to help keep child healthy?
1. Please keep your child home if they have any of the following symptoms:
· Temperature of 100.4° or higher. Keep them home until fever-free for 24 hours without medicine.
· When your own judgment tells you that your child is not well. Observe their behavior and feel certain that they are well enough to be in school.
· Your child has been diagnosed with a contagious illness and has not yet received medication for a minimum of 24 hours, or until your doctor tells you your child is no longer contagious
· Flu symptoms
· A red eye with white or yellow discharge or matted eyelids after sleep
· An earache
· Constant, thick nasal discharge
· A sore throat, so bad that your child will not eat or drink
· A persistent productive cough or wheezing
· More than one episode of diarrhea and if child is vomiting
· An undiagnosed rash or spot
· Chicken Pox. Your child may return when all of the blisters are scabbed over and dry.
· Extreme fatigue
2. Teach your child to practice good health habits:
· Washing hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
· Covering mouth and nose with a tissue when sneezing/coughing and place in proper trash receptacle
· Avoid sharing drinks, water bottles or silverware with others
3. Recommend disinfecting frequently touched surfaces and commonly shared items at home.
4. According to the Center for Disease Control, the best way to prevent the flu is to get vaccinated.
THANKS FOR HELPING TO KEEP OUR SCHOOL HEALTHY!!!!!